Monday, October 4, 2010

Halloween Movies


To get started - Here's my fave scary flicks.  Start at the bottom and work back to the top.  Good luck, kids!

Halloween – classic horror film.  Nothing else comes close.
The Exorcist – right up there.  Terrifyingly simple, and disturbingly complex.
Psycho – REAL terror.  I just love the comparison of Hitchcock slicing through every other scary movie.
Alien – satisfyingly terrifying.  My mind scared me the most.
Misery – REAL crazy scary.  The first horror movie I can remember winning an acting award.  LOVED it.
28 Days Later – great update.  Terrifying realism – and dark end, too.
Friday the Thirteenth - best of the bad slasher films.  Great end, too.
Carrie – Decent flick – but the ENDING KILLS!
The Shining – Still love it.  Sorry, Mr. King.  This one works.
The Silence of the Lambs – No question.  Hopkins is amazing.
The Mist – One of the rare occasions when a film supersedes the book.  LOVED this. 
Pet Sematary – Just TRY to watch that scene without grabbing the back of your leg.  Of course you can’t.
Scream (and sequels) – reinvented the modern horror flick.
Poltergeist – Never look at clowns the same way again.  Ever.
The Birds – Great end to this film.
The Omen – Creepy kid killer.
Night of the Living Dead – I love it more as I get older.  Love when it comes to a close.
Zombieland – Amazing Bill Murray cameo, and a damned fine Woody Harrelson flick.
American Werewolf in London – great special effects.  Better story.
It – Okay.  Stop before the last section.  Christy ran all the way home after seeing a sewer.  My brother Nightmare on Elm Street – before it became a punchline, this scared people.
reads it – and loves this story.
Jaws – Still spooky.  Even as fake as it looks.
Candyman – He still makes Christy freak out.
1408 – WOW.  Thanks, Mr. King
Serpent and the Rainbow – makes me remember high school.  Loved it.
Saw – Okay.  Corny, gross.   But gets to me.
The Blair Witch Project – Still not a big fan – but I can appreciate the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment